View the Results
2014 HL7 Interface Professionals Survey Results
The 2014 HL7 Interface Professionals Survey Results provide a current view of the variables affecting compensation, including the participants’ perspectives on interface engine vendors. Survey results are presented in graphic summary form and include input from all levels in the healthcare integration discipline within the HL7 interface market.
The topics in this survey include compensation, experience, technology, work location, and travel requirements.
These survey results provide a summary of the data collected during a four week period in the second quarter of 2014, and the survey was open to all participants. We encouraged participation with email invitations and through various social media outlets.
Over 630 individuals participated in this survey. All participants live and work in the United States and are employed by healthcare organizations, predominantly providers, using HL7 interfaces.
The 2014 HL7 Interface Professionals Survey includes data on:
- Current technology preferences
- Average healthcare IT and integration-specific experience
- Trends among consultants (W2 vs. 1099)
- Importance of various variables when considering an opportunity (hint: compensation is NOT most important)
- Base compensation levels and variable compensation trends